Download Latest Yahoo Messenger
1. Finding an invisible user on your yahoo messenger list:
Want to find out someone who’s hiding from you? You can easily do so by going to Yahoo Invisible Checker. All you need to do is type in the Yahoo! ID and the particular users status will be revealed.
2. Run Multiple Instances of Yahoo Messenger on same system:
Some of you might be having more than one yahoo ID would like to log in simultaneously. Here is an easy way to do it without installing any sort of software. You just have to edit the registry and voila there you go. Follow the instructions from here.
3. Invisible Nickname In chat rooms
Just go to edit profile and in the nick name type a (space character) on it just press Alt 0160 ( or ALT+255 ) and save it.
Now go to any yahoo chat room and you’ll notice that your nick name is empty. [Alt+0160 is a keyboard shortcut for space]
4. Removing Ads from your Yahoo Messenger
If you are using Yahoo Messenger 8.0, then you can disable ads by following the below steps:
1. First close the Yahoo Messenger.
2. Save this .bat file and execute it.
NOTE: You won’t be able to enter the chat rooms if you use this patch.
This above fix doesn’t work for Yahoo Messenger 9 Beta. Here’s a way to disable the ads in Yahoo Messenger 9:
1. Make sure the Yahoo Messenger isn’t running, if it is then just close it.
2. Now backup the following file C:Program FilesYahoo!MessengerYahooMessenger.exe (create a new copy)
3. Download HxD hex editor.
4. Open C:Program FilesYahoo!MessengerYahooMessenger.exe in the hex editor
5. Now go to the offset 295928 (in HxD: Search/GoTo)
6. Look at the right column and replace y from “y.m.s.g.r.a.d.s” with p
7. Save the file and close HxD.
NOTE: This approach breaks Yahoo Messenger’s terms of service.
>> If nothing works try launching this file.
5. Yahoo! Smiley Codes!
You can make use of all smileys including hidden ones in your messenger by using YEmotePLUS plugin.