Gmail Tricks and Tips 8
36. You can still use filters to capture mails sent to addresses containing the + symbol, enabling you to give different addresses to each of the online services you use, then filter them accordingly. For example, add a receipt label to all mail from PayPal.
37. Gmail ignores periods in email addresses too. So, if you signed up as bob.spod@Gmail.com – you can send mail to bobspod@Gmail.com or even b.o.b.s.p.o.d.g.o.d@Gmail.com and it will still go to the same address.
38. It doesn’t matter whether mail is sent to you @Gmail.com or @googlemail.com – they both route to the same domain.
39. Send mail to other Gmail users without having to type @Gmail.com or @googlemail.com at all. Just type their username in the To: field.
40. Want to try out new and experimental Gmail features? Go to Settings > Labs and select from the list.