Gmail Tricks and Tips
21. To view all messages with a specific label, enter the query label:labelname in the search box. For example, label:receipts returns all messages labelled receipts. You can specify multiple labels if you want, like this: label:receipts label:orders. This query will return messages that are labelled receipts and messages labelled orders.
22. One of our favourite Gmail features is the ability to configure your account so you can appear to be sending mail from any email address you own. You can configure this in Settings > Accounts in the Send Mail As section. Click Add another email address. Enter the address you want to use in the text box that appears. This will send a verification message to the inbox for that address so that you can confirm you’re the real owner.
23. With multiple accounts associated with your Gmail address, you can choose which address to send from on a case by case basis – using the drop down menu next to the From: field in the Compose Mail window.
24. Gmail even has a Smart Reply feature, so it automatically knows which address to use in the From: field. This is ideal for consolidating the multiple email accounts that long term net users tend to pick up over the years.
25. Want to open mail links in Google Mail with Internet Explorer? Download and install Gmail Notifier. During the installation, check the box labelled Use for outgoing mail. The setting won’t show up in Windows Internet Options dialogue, but Google Mail will now be configured as your default email service.